Partnering with Physicians to Deliver Personalized, Cost-Effective Cancer Care
VCCN develops and maintains oncology, single-specialty, state-based independent practice associations (IPA) to allow groups of oncologists to contract with a payer(s) in value based contracts. Because providers face challenges in engaging payers, VCCN’s clinically integrated model adds the provider voice, catalyzing the development of aligned, value-based payer/provider relationships.
The benefits to physician practices in partnering with VCCN in an IPA include:
- No costs associated with establishing and maintaining the IPA under the VCCN provider network
- Access to proprietary technology and oncology-specific practice transformation capabilities, including the Carelytics™ tool to produce reliable practice performance data
- Recognition from VCCN as Preferred Providers of cancer care by payers, patients, referring physicians, clinically-integrated networks, and accountable care organizations (ACO)
- Support for the initial Oncology Medical Home (OMH) readiness assessment
- Access to OMH proven tools and solutions that streamline workflow, improve symptom management triage, improve communication, and improve patient coordination